2009-07-22

And he's on his own

The weather is rather kind on us after a few weeks of scorching afternoons. Gives me the urge to snuggle up inside the blanket and sleep thru for another extra minute or two. However, the construction people working right across my room isn't considerate at all. Don't they learn how to snooze as well?


I wonder what the heck is wrong with the air cond nowadays. Wearing my long sleeves to Siemens is of no avail. Not being able to stop the chill from piercing thru your skin like syringe needles. Then again, there's always a savior during times of need. Let me introduce you to my current best buddy, the Rigel AHD-101S Sensored Hand Dryer. Covered in stainless steel, the low noise motor will serve your heating needs without letting people realise that you are doing so. The plus is, it comes with an automatic safety cut-off timer, preventing you from being fryed, should your hand or your head gets too affectionate with it. Get your Rigel AHD-101S now and you will recieve a miniature key-chain Rigel hand dryer. You are now free from worrying about heating your hands while you're on the go. During this promotional period you will only need to pay $79.99 instead of the retailed $149.99. Terms and condition apply.

The AHD-101S. Cute pingpong balls are not included.


____________________________________________________________________________________

Lately, I was thinking about myself, if I have been a selfish person. Retrospectively, did I forgo my friends, family, dreams, pets; of course not entirely, just to obtain what I want or who I am today? Did I not knowingly abandoned my friends just because I needed more time on my books, games, dance or any other sort of indulgence? Or worse still, did I hurt people along the way so badly that they start giving up on me?

When all is lost, we tend to only start cherishing them. But doing so may prove challenging, knowing that we have already crossed too far over the line. Yes, so much so that people won't even think twice looking back at you.

Has it came across our mind, on how much we have taken kinship for granted?

Parents are the best examples in this case. They may be nagging, preaching, and screaming at us for our wrongdoings at times. Like it or not, they won't withraw their love, and ultimately they won't abandon us. They will buy us our favourite ice-cream, macs happy meal, toys, etc in order to motivate us to take bold steps in our endeavors. Feeling moody? Hey daddy's gonna bring ya for roller-blading at the park. "C'mon wipe off that frown, every cloud has a silver lining", he'd say.

Yet, our form of paying gratitude to them is by heading out to our friend's and getting back in the wee hours, getting em' worried. Gulping those liquor during parties and walking home dreadfully like a low-life microorganism. Yelling at them in return for not being able to understand what we're going through, walk away and hide in your own room because mommy doesn't wanna but your fav this or that for you. As age catch up on us, we start to lead our own lives. Career, changing of lifestyle, new-found relationships, and our own beliefs that distant us from people we love. Why? Is it because they are becoming a burden or an obstruction to our pursuit in life? Worse of all, we can't find any sort of positive input from them, or any sort of help that can aid us in our attempts. To shake them off, are we're gonna throw them into some shabby old folk's home? That's worse case scenario of course, obdurate souls will only do so. Abandoning is the less cruel practice, or so we thought.

Note that I'm absolutely not in this condition right now, not in the future too I hope. Crossed-fingers. Then again, I question myself how much time and devotion do I actually pay to my parents, brothers, and friends. Do I give equal amount of share to all of the parties? Has my plans for the future disable me from leveraging my efforts to upkeep the relationship with the aforementioned? As many may believe, networking is the key to success. But ultimately, the ones who will truly never give up on you are your family members, regardless how much you've changed or gone through. Am I right to say that?

Guess I have tons of reflections to do. Before that, I think I should check up on mom. She just had an infection after some op she had earlier this year.

Dad, if you're reading this from the heavens, sorry for being such a disobidient child and rebelling to your every good intentions. I wish I had eyes and the maturity to notice all these. But, it's the past now eh? Heh. I guess the pain that was inflicted on me serves as a growth, both personally and for the family itself. Things are definitely getting better now, with Lionel who got married earlier this year, Andrew who just got a house and getting ready to settle down, and Mom that has the most trustworthy companion in her life. Do bless Alan as he's undergoing endless of emotional distress and difficulty pathing his life. Oh did you know? We wanted to say that you are a great and affectionate dad. We LOVE you very much. Say hi to God for me will ya? *winks*


You have no idea how promising the world begins to look once you have decided to have it all for yourself. And how much healthier your decisions are once they become entirely selfish. -Anita Brookner