2009-08-31

Sunday blues - came abit too early


7.15am : Hit the alarm, rubs eyes. Damn. I only slept for four hours, wondering I would faint during today's race. Downed to granola bars and a cup of Milo, praying that it'll give me enough energy to sustain throughout the run. Took a quickie puff and a shower, headed off to the SRC tracks.

8.05am : Met Derek. Looking at the long queue, we decided to call up Genie the Poop. It's just anxiety. No poops were seen.

8.30am : Joined the ever-long queue to register our names. Warming up along the queue, prepping my mental strength for runNUS.

9.00am : Registered my name. The sky started pouring in like Nigara falls. NUS men's open is supposed to start at 9.00am by the way. So, we had rainNUS instead.

9.45am : Laying my ass on the concrete grandstand while waiting for the rain to subdue but to no avail. The organisers finally decided to call the whole thing off, receiving thunderous boos from the crowd.

Well, there's nothing much I can help about it either.

10.00am : Got back to hall. Looking at the weather, I suppose Raffles Hall's Malaysia Day outing at Sentosa should be suffering the same state. Received TK's message saying that M'Day is gonna be postponed. I'd beg to differ. People doesn't love wet and soggy sand.

10.30am : sleepNUS commenced.

4.30pm : Woke up and I suddenly heard a familiar voice. "We need to talk, Thomas"

A lot indeed.