3 years of Singapore life, never had I been to Orchard for xmas, even with all the praises sung by the locals here. Sad huh.
Now I remember. I wasn't here during my first year as I was back in the pearl of the orient instead with my homies. The regular stuff, drinks at Gurney plaza with a couple of mates, toiling the night away.
Last year. Hmmm, it was a low-profiled one as well. Me and a few hall-mates headed to JB for a meal and a movie. And we had that drawing marathon on the paper table mat. Ended with a bang by watching 'Love Actually' by Hugh Grant in hall. The memories of Jasvind lying on my lap while watching the movie still rings in my head. How utterly sick. Ugh. Who can ever forget the tunes of Bill Nighy to All I want is Christmas though? =)
Finally. Finally, I've decided to take a peep at Orchard this year. The array of lightings illuminated the whole street nicely enough. Church-people carolling, buskers singing on the pavements while the passerbys danced along is really enlightening to the heart. Amazingly, the crowd consists of caucasians, singaporeans, pinoys; from both young to old. None of these were barrier when it comes to showing the spirit of xmas, ain't it?
I chanced upon a musical right spat in the middle of Orchard. Managed to hog a seat for myself when they opened it to the crowd. Mosaic church of Los Angeles brought their members to remind us the birth of Christ, with their own band, and awesome dancers which didn't fail to impress me everytime they danced. The male lead swooned me with his 4 rounds of foutte transiting to another 4 pirouettes lah. Without breaking a sweat summore. And gosh those americans are tall, making asians like us dance like hobbits whenever we attempt to. Dammit. The singer? It just seems effortless when she sings. Loved their angelic rendition of Silent Night every single bit.
So, here I am down at Gloria Jeans@ Changi Airport. Don't ask me why. I just decided to spend a quiet night this Christmas, away from home, away from hall, away from everything else. Its been awhile since I've done so.
Here's to all of you out there, wherever you are across the globe. Wishing you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. May the light of the Lord shines upon you, as you partake in a another journey, filled with joy, in another new year.
I miss turkeys =(
